Federation Equality Statement
Ann Bernadt and Nell Gwynn Nursery Schools are committed to equality both as an employer and a service-provider. We aim to make sure that no-one experiences harassment, less favourable treatment or discrimination because of their age, any disability they may have, their ethnicity, colour or national origin, their gender, their gender identity or reassignment, their marital or civil partnership status, being pregnant or having recently had a baby, their religion or beliefs, their sexual identity and orientation.
We are committed to
- Ensuring that everyone is treated fairly and with respect.
- Making our school a safe, secure and stimulating place for everyone.
- Consulting and involving people from different groups in our decisions, for example, through talking to pupils and parents/carers and through our School Forums.
- Recognising that people have different needs and that promoting equality will involve addressing those needs rather than treating everyone the same.
We welcome the emphasis in the Ofsted inspection framework on the requirement for leaders to promote equality of opportunity and diversity, resulting in a positive school culture, working together to prevent discriminatory behaviour.
We welcome our duty under the Equality Act 2010 which requires us to publish information that demonstrates that we have due regard for the need to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.